Friday, June 10, 2011

Remain Safe - Prepare Your Domicile With Burglar Alarm System For Better Rest

Burglar Alarms Through the Years
Many people tell me I am a little paranoid, since I have went through a lot of burglar alarm systems in the past trying to protect my belongings and particularly my family. But the way I see it, a few bucks and a few hours is a small price to pay for defense and protection.

Even as a young bachelor, I was preoccupied with home security. I had very little, and what I did have was essentially rubbish. Your average poor college kid – I bought most of my furnishings from salvage stores and rummage sales. But movies and tv were a passion so I got a sweet new television and a VCR. It is odd, as now I could not even buy a VCR, but back then they were pretty hot items. My apartment – being cheap – was in a pretty sketchy part of town so that made me concerned about a possible break-in. I knew nobody could break in through the windows because they were all welded shut with decades of paint, so I focused on the front and back doors.

Because I did not have much to spend, my initial home burglar alarm was a set of two self-contained door alarms. These are still widely available – they look like rubber doorstops and they go on the floor so that if the door is opened it presses down on a small plate, making the alarm chirp fiercely. Not exactly Fort Know – but I slept soundly every night.

After I was married and really began to acquire nice thing – as well as a few kids – I appreciated the need for a real burglar alarm system. In the beginning, like all young families we had to save every penny so our home security system needed to be pretty inexpensive but give us a lot of protection. Some motion detectors pointed toward entryways, and a central control box allowed me to make sure everything was secure while we were gone as well as guarding us when we were in bed. Again, nothing fancy but a lot of security.

Now, the children are all grown, but the wife and I are still there and now we have a lot of nicer items. The bad economy made me concerned that people might start turning to crime so I decided to upgrade again. Today, if you want to keep away a burglar security alarms are the only way to go. Thanks to the wonders of the internet, crooks can pick almost any lock and if there is no alarm, once they are in they take whatever they want. These new burglar alarm systems are amazing. I can completely control and monitor my home from my cell phone or laptop from anyplace.

Other Burglar Alarm System Resources:http://home-security-news.askafriend.com/