Monday, August 11, 2014

Quinoa Colanders and Strainers are of a Fine Wire Mesh for a Reason

If you have tried to rinse quinoa with an ordinary strainer or colander you already know this, as the tiny seeds will wash right through. For many people, the earliest encounter with quinoa includes this disappointing occurrence. That is, if they attempt to wash it at all. Many do not and wonder why the bitter taste.

Some quinoa comes already pre-rinsed, of course, but many people recommend rinsing grains & seeds before cooking, if only to rinse away any and all foreign particles or residue that may be present.

As with most things we do, adventures we embark upon or projects we undertake in the kitchen, there is no good substitute for having the right tool for the job at hand. Most folks have a colander or food strainer in the kitchen. Most of the time the first such tools we buy or acquire aren't always the best ones on the market and are on the lower end of the price range.

After losing a bunch of quinoa in the sink, I decided it was about time to move up to a nice set of stainless steel wire mesh strainers.

My first stop when shopping is most often Amazon.com. My enthusiasm about Amazon comes from their fast shipping -which they seem to have down to a science. The guarantee of satisfaction is pretty much as good as it gets when you consider their offer to refund my money if I am not completely satisfied. I don't see how that can be beat.

The choice on Amazon is far greater than at any department store I've seen. I'm glad I looked there because I found a wonderful set of (3) Food Strainers that will contain tea, quinoa and quite likely just about anything else I can conjure up to use them for.

The follow-up from the seller was excellent, as well, as I received some information on using the Strainers properly and even a complimentary e-book for the purchase about healthy eating habits.

The set of wire mesh stainless steel strainers I chose will probably last me a lifetime, so in the future I don't expect I will struggle with tea, quinoa, or anything else that requires a fine mesh strainer. If you are looking for a nice set of strainers, I would urge you to click on the link shown below to order yours now and see for yourself. When you do, let me know your thoughts on them. I am confident you will be impressed at the quality, as I was.




How to Alleviate Buying a Set of Strainers Every Couple of Years.

Elisabeth Nielsen Colanders & Strainers are for People Who Want to Buy Them Only Once

- Unrivaled Quality of Workmanship and Material

- Made of Hi-Grade 18/8 Stainless Steel

- When utilized for the intended purpose and if properly maintained, the colanders will provide many years of exceptional service

- They are safe in the dishwasher. Small Food particles may be dis-lodged using a gentle brush. Mild detergent takes care of mild stains or discolor

Anyone comfortable moving around a kitchen setting can tell you the indispensable nature of a good set of wire mesh strainers. The fine mesh strainer doubles as a colander, sifter, and/or sieve.

Not only is the strainer set the correct tool for many food prep tasks -with Elisabeth Nielsen Brand, you are assured of having to purchasing them only one time. Grate tools last a lifetime.

This reliable set of hi-grade stainless steel mesh strainers is made up of three sizes: 7-7/8", 3-1/4" and 5-1/2".

The wire mesh is fine enough for rinsing quinoa. They are good for berries, legumes, pasta, for soups, bouillon, yogurt, broth, puree, custards -or, to poach an egg.



Find out more at http://www.amazon.com/Strainer-Stainless-Colanders-Strainers-Confectioners/dp/B00JV6BDGY/Fine Mesh Strainers/