Monday, November 11, 2013

Trick To Charcoal Grill an Onion



Before enjoying this how to grill an onion video, I never knew that it was possible to grill onions. I have become aware of barbecuing various sorts of veggies like squash, zucchini, cucumbers, and so on but never barbecuing onions before. I would have thought that you cut the onion up initially, but this video shows how to grill the whole onion with the skin still on it.

The onion at the end of this video looked absolutely amazing and juicy. That's actually cool that you can just peel away the external layers of skin and the inside will be cooked completely. This is one actually cool technique that I can't wait to try myself. It looks unbelievably simple to do as well. They do not mention the timing in the video, but I'm rather sure you just leave the onion on the hot charcoals the whole time you are barbecuing then just suffice open at the end. I enjoy putting onions on my grilled hamburgers so now I'm totally going to make an Argentinian grilled fire onion burger haha